OSEA is a respected advocate, facilitator and business catalyst bringing the public, commercial and community sustainable energy sector and their supporters together to address emerging trends and the development of healthy, prosperous and ecologically sustainable communities across Ontario.
OSEA’s vision is of a prosperous Ontario with a thriving sustainable energy sector, good jobs, resilient communities and healthy environments powered, heated, cooled and moved by portfolios of sustainable energy.
OSEA’s mission is to advance the association’s vision by raising public awareness, advising decision makers and establishing forums for new market opportunities and collaboration.
What is Sustainable Energy?
Sustainable energy involves the effective and efficient production and use of energy from various distributed sources matched in scale and quality to the end use. Proponents of sustainable energy recognize that energy is a means to an end, not the end itself. Sustainable energy is about producing and using energy in a way that meets our needs and improves the quality of our lives while also ensuring that the ecological system that sustains us, our economy and society is healthy and capable of supporting future generations at a similar level long into the future.
Membership is open to all individuals and organizations that support OSEA’s values, vision, and mission upon approval by the membership committee.
Your annual membership fee is an investment that enables OSEA to undertake research and champion consistent and supportive political and regulatory environment necessary for the sustainable energy sector to thrive. For over fifteen years, OSEA has been advocating progressive and inclusive energy policies that are based on international best practices.
Successes to date include:
· The creation of the feed-in tariff programs
· The campaign for the Green Energy and Green Economy Act
· The creation of the Community, Aboriginal and Municipal Energy Partnership programs
· The aboriginal loan guarantee program
· Creation of the Community Power Fund
· The Renewable Energy Standard Offer Program
OSEA holds regular policy meetings and engages its members on relevant issues in working groups and subcommittees. OSEA holds monthly networking events in several communities across the province in collaboration with its members and organizes an annual fundraising dinner to provide its members and the larger OSEA community of supporters with opportunities to network, celebrate, learn, and build new relationships.
Other benefits of membership:
· Listing in the OSEA online Membership Directory (Individuals listed by name; Organizations listed with Logo & Company Description)
· Access to OSEA Member Portal
· Engagement in critical discussions and campaigns (includes an invitation to participate in OSEA’s Policy & Regulatory Advisory Committee (OPRAC) and associated Working Groups and Subcommittees)
· Ability to nominate candidates to run for the Board of Directors and vote during the annual election
· Discounts on OSEA services, products, and events
· Access to special arrangements and marketing deals
· E-bulletin updates regarding the sector and upcoming events (OSEA is pleased to include updates and news of its members in its e-newsletter. Depending on space and content, fees may apply.)
All membership applications are subject to approval of the membership committee. There are three methods to pay membership fees: a) by credit card payment (please complete Step 3) b) by cheque, made payable to ‘Ontario Sustainable Energy Association’ and c) online at www.ontario-sea.org, under ‘Join us’. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted.
Membership Levels (Please select one):
Please note: Membership fees are collected annually. The renewal date is the date on which the individual/organization joined the membership. Taxes are applicable and not include in the above listed fees.
OSEA is offering a new membership referral program to help strengthen our collaborative efforts to advocate for sustainable energy solutions in Ontario. OSEA is supported by membership engagement and fees to carry out its mission.
If you know of an individual, organization or business that would be interested in joining OSEA, we will recognize your support with up to 10% off your next membership renewal.
The following conditions apply:
3% off your membership for recruiting an individual member
5% off your membership for recruiting a non-profit, community or sole proprietor Supporter member
10% off your membership for recruiting a for-profit Supporter member or an Enabler member
NEW! BNDC/OSEA Membership Discount Offer
If you are currently a member of the Biomass North Development Centre (BNDC), you are eligible to receive 25% off an OSEA membership.
If you are currently an OSEA member, you are eligible to receive 25% off a Biomass North Development Centre membership.
Contact the office to apply.
Download the Membership Application Form or Sign up Online by selecting one of the following: