We are thrilled to announce the nominations for the the 8th Annual POWERING FOR PROSPERITY Awards Gala. This year, we have six distinct award categories which aim to highlight the remarkable contributions made by individuals and organizations all around the province. We would like to announce the nomination candidates!
LEADER OF THE YEAR
Spotlights the individuals who are actively advancing OSEA’s vision of a thriving sustainable energy sector
- Sonja Winkelmann – Director Net Zero Housing, Canadian Home Builders Assocation
- Subhi Alsayed – Vice President of Sustainable Development, Mattamy Homes
- Mikele Brack – Founder, Urban Living Futures
- Matthew Britt – Co-Founder. SWITCH Energy
- Shohreh Sabaghpour – CEO, Lumesmart Inc.
- Dana Decent – Manager, Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation, University of Waterloo
NON-PROFIT OF THE YEAR
Highlights the organizations that are actively working to advance renewable energy, promote conservation initiatives and encourage social reform across Ontario
- EcoBusiness Network (formerly Durham Sustain Ability)
- Relay Education (formerly known as TREC Education)
- Biomass North
- Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE)
SUSTAINABLE ENTERPRISE OF THE YEAR
Honours the organizations that are actively working to create long-term, sustainable change while forging strong relationships within the community
- Windular Research & Technology Inc.
- Enwave Energy Corporation
- Greening Homes Ltd.
- GM Canada
- SWITCH Energy
SMARTpreneur OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by SMARTNet Alliance)
Sponsored by SMARTNet Alliance, this award showcases individuals in the community who own and operate a business which provides sustainable energy solutions
- Warren Abar – iSolara
- Jerri Rodrigs – Rumidifier
- Matthew Jaglowitz – Exactus Energy
- Herb Lagois – Lagois Drafting and Construction Inc.
COMMUNITY PROJECT OF THE YEAR (Sponsored by Enbridge)
Highlights the projects from co-operatives and community-based organizations that encourage and support local engagement in sustainability initiatives
SUSTAINABLE PROJECT OF THE YEAR
Spotlights some of the most impactful projects from Ontario that focus on renewable energy, conservation, building design and smart integration
- Nungesser Lake Tower – Windular (co-sponsored by Bell Canada)
- Evolv1 Project – The Cora Group (in partnership with Sustainable Waterloo)
- The Joyce Centre for Partnership & Innovation – Mohawk College
- The Morse Street Retrofit – Greening Homes
- Wood Biomass Boiler at Canadian Headquarters – The Viessmann Group
In addition to the above, we will be awarding special-recognition awards to deserving individuals and organizations who are continually creating impactful change around Ontario. All award winners will be announced on February 8th, 2018 at the Powering for Prosperity Gala Awards.