This event is in the past. Go to: this event's page
Floods, tornados and wildfires, all resulting from climate change, have unfortunately become the new normal.
Come hear some of the most distinguished academic, industry, and insurance leaders speak on this vital and timely issue and learn how we can adapt and respond to our rapidly evolving environment.
Topics to be addressed:
- How will "adaptation" and "mitigation" impact our cities?
- Will predictive research models improve our watershed management?
- How will climate change impact our rapid urban intensification?
- How do we ensure our communities have developed sufficient resiliency?
- Which coping mechanisms can respond to increasingly damaging and unpredictable weather.
Prof. Blair Feltmate: Head, Intact Centre for Climate Change, University of Waterloo
Jen Aitchison: Senior VP, Sustainable Energy Practice, Hugh Wood Canada Ltd.
Glenn McGillivray: Managing Director, Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction
Nicole Martin: Senior Director, Green Evaluations, Americas; Standard & Poor's
Chandra Sharma: Community Engagement & Outreach, Toronto & Region Conservation Authority
FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
ONTARIO INVESTMENT & TRADE CENTRE
250 YONGE St., 35th Floor (Cadillac Fairview Eaton Centre Tower)
REGISTRATION FEE $50 + HST REGISTER HERE
Dan Goldberger: email@example.com
Leon Wasser: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 416-473-4614